Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Coronation Street star gets anti-gay abuse on Twitter


Coronation Street star Antony Cotton threatened to call people after being on the receiving end of anti-gay abuse on Twitter.

The actor, who plays Sean Tully in the soap, was told by user ‘kittykatlovex’: “I hope you get AIDS and die you freak.”

He responded: “I think we should report this one to the police.”

Later, Cotton wrote: “Don’t worry tweeps – I’m not upset! She looks like Worzel Gummidge!”

He added: “It is important to stand up, speak out and stamp out homophobia.

“And for that reason it’s important that I stand up for myself and make a point at least.

“Homophobia has no place in our society.

“What anyone thinks of me, the actor off the telly, is none of my business.

“But as a gay man, I am proud of who I am and the community I am part of. Some people are gay, get over it.”

The ‘kittykatlovez’ account has now been suspended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment